Saturday, February 7, 2015

Kayak Safety Flag and 360 Light: Better safe than Sorry

Should every kayak fisherman have a safety flag and 360 white light? My answer used to be no and I went all of last season without one. Why am I writing about one now you may ask? Because you can never be too safe! Especially if you fish where I do and it is you versus 300 horsepower bass boats doing 80 mph all over the place. I had too many close calls last season to not arm myself with every safety gadget I can get my hands on. So, in comes the ingenious Scotty 828. Safety Flag, 360 White light and a great place to mount your GoPro. Everything a kayak fisherman needs. Just like every other great Scotty product, the 828 can mount into any scotty base. I plug mine right into a Scotty 438 track adapter on my tank well rails for ultimate adjustability. 
Another added feature of the 828 is the ability to mount the Scotty 135 camera mount to it. By having your GoPro or other brand of camera mounted high on the top of the pole, you get a great look down angle into your cockpit and an awesome view to the front of your boat. I tested it out for the first time this weekend and love the view and can't wait to get some fish in front of it.  Two great products from Scotty that will keep you safe and add to the quality of your videos. Check out a quick walk thru video of the two products.


No comments:

Post a Comment