Friday, June 19, 2015

Best Kayak Fishing Socks?


Last summer I decided to buy a nice pair of water shoes. With a Columbia outlet not to far from my house, I invested in a pair of Drainmaker IIs. After fishing with my new water shoes for half a season I started to dislike wearing them with just my bare feet. The feeling of my wet bare skin combined with the accumulation of the dirt, rocks and grime that added up inside the shoes drove me crazy. I looked for a pair of socks that would help to solve my issue as well as provide additional sun protection for my ankles.

As I did some research I stumbled across diving socks. I decided to give a pair a try, but unfortunately they only solved one of the problems I was having. A little discouraged, I continued to use the diving socks and just dealt with my feet being constantly soaked and my skin all "prunny" after a day on the water.

Then one day I was told about Farm to Feet, a 100% American made sock that was designed for outdoor enthusiasts and perfect for kayak fishing. After receiving two pairs for testing, I eagerly waited for the weather to clear. Luckily I had a monday off work and the weather turned out to be perfect, so off I went armed with my Drainmakers and my new Farm to Feet 1/4 crew socks. The first thing I noticed about these socks when I began to remove them from their packaging was how light weight they were. As I slid them onto my feet I was greeted by a cooling sensation and a feeling of comfort. The socks are so lightweight that I felt like I was still barefoot.

After arriving to the boat ramp and getting my kayak set up, I stepped into the water for the first time armed with my new socks. Even wet, these socks still felt extremely comfortable. Very quickly after entering the water I realized that my feet were already starting to dry and that wet sensation that I constantly had with my diving socks was no longer there. Several times during my outing I dunked my feet into the water to cool off a bit from the muggy Texas conditions that day. Each time I submersed my feet I was extremely surprised how fast my feet were drying out . The combination of the Farm to Feet socks and my Columbia Drainmakers are a Kayak Fisherman's dream.

While I have only made two trips with these socks I can tell you that they have quickly made a difference in my comfort on a long day of fishing. They are 100% made in America by American Workers and come in at a very reasonable price. In a world full of non-American products overtaking the shelves, its good to see a Company proud to be American made. Check them out at: http://farmtofeet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment