Saturday, December 5, 2015

Best Kayak Fishing Water Bottle? Vapur Anti-Bottle


When I first received my vapur anti-bottle I thought how clever the idea was, but questioned the durability. Come on. Really? A plastic bag for a bottle. No way that can hold up to the punishment that yak-anglers put on their equipment. After three weeks of continued use I have been surprisingly incorrect. If Mossy Oak agrees to allow someone to use their patterns you bet that it is built tough and the vapur bottle sure is tough. 
From the kayak to the powerboat and even in the field hunting, the vapur bottle is adaptive and rugged enough to handle it all. The container itself is simple and impressive. All of the seams are watertight and finished with no sharp edges. Each seam has a generous overlap of material that can handle rugged conditions. The cap is impressive as well. A screw in type with an o-ring seal and a super secure closure to ensure no spills. An added benefit is an integrated locking ring to secure your anti bottle to whatever you need. The coolest thing about the anti bottle is the portability. When empty you can roll the whole thing up to fit into your cargo pocket. A great feature for cramped kayaks. 
My only complaint is the capacity of the anti bottle. On an offshore trip in Florida I found myself constantly refilling the bottle. The .7L capacity just wasn't enough for me even on a 75 degree fall day. The good news is that there is a 1L anti bottle, but not available in the mossy oak pattern yet. 
Some ways to improve the anti bottle would be with the addition of vapur's available filtration systems. Maybe there could even be an opportunity to add a lifestraw attachment that could be used to drink from unsanitary sources for all the survivalists out there. I gave the vapur anti bottle 4/5 stars. My only issue is the capacity, but for kayak anglers with limited space this is a tremendously innovative way to meet your hydration needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment