Friday, January 1, 2016

2015 Kayak Fishing Recap

Its that time again to look back on all the great kayak fishing memories from the previous year. This time last year I set out to become more involved in the Central Texas Kayak Fishing Tournament scene and to become an active blogger for the sport. I will be honest that I fell short of some goals and overachieved in others, but that is life and I am very proud of the year I had.

My kayak fishing year started off as most do with rigging and preparation for warmer weather. As spring rolled around I was more than ready to start fishing the spawn and the upcoming tournaments. My tournament aspirations ultimately fell short of my expectations, mostly because I became a Dad to a beautiful baby girl. The time for preparation and pre-fishing was just not available with my fatherly duties. The few tournaments that I did fish made me realize that if you want to be successful, you had better have the time to devote to pre-fishing. Unfortunately I am not a good enough angler to show up to an unfamiliar lake and catch a stringer. Ultimately, I like fishing tournaments, but my participation is going to be limited to the events that fit the family's schedule.

What I am most proud of from the 2015 Kayak Fishing Season is the development of Catch me if you Paddle, my Kayak Fishing Blog and YouTube show. Even with a busy work and family schedule, I have been able to post at least one blog a month and I developed the first season on YouTube with nine episodes. During the year I was able to fish for more species than just Black Bass and even caught my first ever Striped Bass, Hybrid Striped Bass and Crappie.

I look forward to 2016 and all the kayak fishing memories to come. I hope you enjoy my 2015 Recap video and stay tuned for more as I continue to grow Catch me if you Paddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment