Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Kayak Fishing Gifts


I did pretty well this Christmas in the Kayak Fishing category! Here is what I got:

Buff UVX Mask: I already own a Buff, but I wanted this one because it is easy to tuck under your shirt to protect your neck better. Plus it has holes near your mouth so your breath doesn't fog up your sunglasses as much. 

Adventure Medical Kits Marine 200: Lets face it, kayak fishing can be dangerous and I wanted something in case the worst happens. This thing is loaded and it should last for years. 

Anchor Wizard: The wind of central Texas drove me crazy this year. I used the anchor maybe twice and relied more on the Native Propel drive to keep me on position. The Propel drive does a good job, but it is hard to keep your mind on fishing when your pedaling your butt off and working the rudder to maintain your position. 

Penn Squall LD40LH: This is intended to be my trolling reel at my home in Florida, both on the kayak and in Dad's boat. I'm going to need to match it to a stout rod and buy a ton of line to finish it off.

Fins Windtamer 15lb: Just stocking up. I always like to have good line on hand and ready to spool up. 

Supernova Basic LED Lighting Kit: I wanted to get these for the early summer mornings when I'm on the water before the sun. They serve two purposes; attract baitfish and a good marker for other traffic to see me.

I'm really excited to install all my new goodies, stay tuned as I test them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment