Sunday, December 28, 2014

You never forget your first


Just a few days ago I sold my first ever kayak, a 2012 Jackson Kayak Cuda 14. Like the person I sold it to, I bought it off craigslist 2 years ago. Looking back, it was a leap of faith and a hip pocket decision that I did not research enough. Even though I rushed into it, the Cuda performed flawlessly and was extremely forgiving to a beginner. I learned how to do everything on this boat, from basic rigging to surf launching in the Gulf of Mexico. I trusted this boat to get me home and it never once failed me. I will certainly miss the old Cuda, but I know that she has many more fish in her future and will hopefully help turn another fisherman into a Kayak Fisherman! Onto the next plastic vessel, bye bye Cuda, I won't forget the memories we made together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment